The closing times at Bason Botanic Gardens are variable throughout the year. There is no lighting at the Gardens, and the security firm need to check people are out and shut the gates before it is dark. In order to try and create some certainty for visitors wanting to go out to Bason in the evening, the following closure times will apply during the daylight saving period:
- First month of Daylight saving 8am – 6:30 pm
- From Labour Weekend 8am – 8 pm
- From December to end of February 8am-8:30pm or until dusk.
- From March – April 8am – 7:30
- From April to end of Daylight saving: 8am – 6:30
- Outside of daylight saving 8am – 5:30 pm
The Gardens are situated on the Central West coast of New Zealand just northwest of Wanganui, a provincial city rich in heritage and alive with the arts. This region has many gardens and reserves well worth a visit.